Quickflick World Limited (company registration number 04976206 whose registered office is at The Maples, Cropwell Butler NG12 3AD, whose principal office address is at 37 Warren Street London W1T 6AD), with the trading names ‘Quickclass’ and ‘Quickflick’ (“Quickclass” / “Quickflick” /”we” / “us” / “our”) treats the handling of personal data seriously.
Collection and use of data
2. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”), the data controller is ‘Quickflick World Limited’ (with the trading name ‘Quickclass’), unless otherwise confirmed in writing to you at the time your data is collected by Quickclass.
3. Quickclass can obtain personal data from you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, email and payment details) from a number of different sources:
i. When you supply us with your details when discussing matters over the telephone with us, or if you submit a request for details to be provided to you by mail or email, or via the App or Website, or when you register with us or subscribe to our services.
ii. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
iii. Via your individual IP location. This is a function of the App that enables Quickclass to assess session information relating to the use of the App, such as the duration of the visit, your IP address, operating system and the type of browser used, as well as for system administration and report on statistical use of the App. Such information is only used for Quickclass to evaluate use of the App, as well as for Quickclass to diagnose problems with its server and to administer the App.
iv. Through ‘Cookies’ (which is stored on the hard drive of your computer) in order to provide certain services through the App and to enable registered users and subscribers to access areas on the App and to give access to areas of the App and to be able to identify the users correctly. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your device which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, please note that if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the App and Site.
4. Quickclass needs your name, address and/or email address so that it can send out information to you that it thinks may be of interest to you. Quickclass also requires this information about you in order to provide you with its services (and updates relating to those services) and to potentially allow you to participate in interactive features of its services (when you choose to do so). In order to provide its services, Quickclass may need to collect information about you to pass to third parties (e.g. contractors) for the purposes of supplying services to you. This may involve the transfer and storage of information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by providing Quickclass with this information you provide your consent to transfer such information out of the EEA. The information collected may include your name and any other relevant information required for performance of the services.
6. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Except in the case of minors, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets).
8. You have the right to ask Quickclass not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by Quickclass. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA, as amended from time to time, and any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Quickflick’s costs in providing you with details on the personal data we hold about you.
9. Quickclass operates in accordance with the DPA, and any amendments thereto.
You may at any time unsubscribe to receiving information about Quickclass by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information Quickclass holds about you, you may email Quickclass at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may write to Quickclass at Quickflick World Limited, 37 Warren Street London W1T 6AD.